Statement of Policy
The Glenmavis Group recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reduce our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
To whom does the policy apply?
- Job applicants and potential applicants
- Contract workers
- Agency workers
- Trainee workers and students on work experience or placements
- Volunteer workers
- Former employees
- Sub contractors
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions
- Increase employee awareness and training
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office, and reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products, and will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible. Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way ie: if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products or plant we intend to purchase, seek to buy more environmentally friendly and efficient products, and reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance, and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decision and increase employee awareness through training.
Monitoring and Improvement
- Cleaning materials will be environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.